How can my community receive 319 grant funds for our projects?
Does your watershed already have a 319 Plan in place? See the Colorado Watershed Plans list at the bottom of this page.
Is the 319 Plan for your watershed current?
Image Source EPA
Colorado Watershed Assembly 319 Watershed Planning Services Program
Do you have questions on how to get started on a 319 Plan?
The Colorado Watershed Assembly provides 319 Watershed Planning Services. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
The nonpoint source program funds projects that help restore and protect waterbodies from nonpoint source pollution impacts. Watershed plans are the initial step to applying for 319 grant funds to implement projects that address water quality impairments caused by nonpoint sources of selenium, sediment, pathogens and/or nutrients, or protect waterbodies currently meeting water quality standards from nonpoint source pollution impacts.
The links below provide information on these source categories, and on practices to reduce the impacts of NPS pollution in each of those categories. Different types of land use will influence what types of Nonpoint Source water quality concerns affect a given waterbody.
9 Elements to 319-Funded Watershed Plans
1. Identify causes and sources of pollution
2. Estimate pollutant loading into the watershed and the expected load reductions
3. Describe management measures that will achieve load reductions and targeted critical areas
4. Estimate amounts of technical and financial assistance and the relevant authorities needed to implement the plan
5. Develop an information/education component
6. Develop a project schedule
7. Describe the interim, measurable milestones
8. Identify indicators to measure progress
9. Develop a monitoring component
Colorado Watershed Plans: 9 Element (319) and Others
Bear Creek Watershed Association Watershed Plan - 2016 (Statewide Water Quality Management Plan (SWQMP) (WQCD Version 1.0- June 13, 2011)
Big Dry Creek Watershed Management Plan - 2002 (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency guidelines for a Watershed Restoration Action Strategy (WRAS)
Blue River Water Quality Management Plan - 2012 (Summit Water Quality Committee [SWQC])
Chatfield Watershed Plan - 2015 (Reg. 72)
Clear Creek Watershed Plan (Upper) Update - 2014 (Five of nine EPA elements for 319-